Wednesday, April 29, 2009
As a general rule for me, I prefer clothes and shoes which still has tags. Meaning they have not been worn yet. Also, I like going to the shops when they have brand new stuff so that I will have more choices. Some of my finds - check them out!!!
1. Black fitted jacket - I use this a lot because it fits me perfectly, its chic and comfy too. Jackets normally cost more in these shops I think because of the fabric.
2. Cocktail Rings - I actually saw this in one of those bazaars - but eye-love it!♥ Their inexpensive outfit-uppers!
3. Dress - This was actually found by a friend in an ukay2x and re-sold to me that's why its a bit pricey. I don't mind because I love the color and overlapping style.
4. Boots - My prized boots. When I got this the soles were clean and it was clearly unused. It just needed a little cleaning and sanitizing and voila! Fabulous without overspending.
Second-hand shopping is fun especially if you go home with unique and cheap treasures. My tips to be prepared for it?
- Bargain! - Don't be shy and haggle. I once got a skirt for P10.00 and that's because I charmed the lady and promised to buy a lot if she gave me a good price.
- Be patient - It's not easy to look for quality items when the ratio of ugly:pretty is 20:1 so don't rush and take your time. Also fit the items as much as you can. Clothes can look different in a hanger and in you.
- Dress Down - Some sellers hike up prices when they think you have the money for it. Also, you never know if snatchers and robbers are lurking around waiting.
- Bring smaller bills - If you look like you have lots of money then it would be harder to get a good deal.
- Hold On - When you find something nice and you are deciding never let go of the item just yet until you decide.
- Bring a Big Bag - so that your hands will be free to browse.